Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day One - I got the Fever. Literally

So Lent has not gotten off to the most fantastic start. Last night I took a fever about the same time I went to bed and I'm still trying to break it, so there is that.

At least for today my financial goals were pretty easy to meet. Considering I never went outside I never got to spend any money. Fortunately I stocked up on groceries this weekend so cheerios have been my best friend today.

My running schedule is supposed to consist of Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, so we shall see how I feel tomorrow and hopefully I'll get to stick to my regular schedule. The last few times I'm stuck 3 miles in under 30 minutes, so hopefully this bug I caught won't put me back too much.

As for my dissertation, I regret that I didn't do a stinking thing today. In hindsight I probably could have read in bed for a while, but when you have the shakes and spend half the day wondering how all that mucus managed to come from your nose, working is probably the least of your concerns.

I did have a chance to reflect on how I am handling some uncertainty regarding this Las Vegas trip. The plans keep changing as we keep finding out that there are some things we simply didn't plan very well for. However, I'm considering this an opportunity to realize that there are times when being cooperative is all you can really do. I think this trip is going to be interesting especially since there will be three of us in one car for a grand total of 70 hours there and back. I'm thinking this is a good chance to work on a)not sweating the small stuff, and b)taking a deep breathe before reacting to people. 3 full days is a lot of time in a small hunk of metal together, and in similar situations past I've been known to be an irritable guy. I'm not saying that things won't get on my nerves, but I'm going to do my best to be aware of how I react to cabin fever and be cool.

Tonight I apologize for the brevity of this update. Hopefully I'll be back at full speed in the morning with much more interesting insights to share and a day that does not involve me staying in bed coughing up a continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment