Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 12 - Back in the 'Ham

I spent $4.80 today, and it felt good to get back to a normal life. Vegas was a lot of fun, but I felt pretty out of touch with reality the whole time I was there. There is something to be said for a simple night at the house eating food you prepared with your own hands. Exactly what I needed.

Sometimes when I'm by myself I think about what I might be missing out on, but that has been less and less the case recently. This is part of my whole adopting a more optimistic perspective on things experiment. When I'm by myself I can take some time to relax, charge the batteries, and get ready for what tomorrow will bring. That was tonight. Other nights I feel like I need to get more work done. Tomorrow, for instance, I need to get everything in the house reorganized after being gone for a week and coming home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes. I sound so old, but I really am just trying to get used to enjoying the little things in life instead of demanding more entertainment, more satisfaction, more everything.

I went running for about 25 minutes today. Not up to where I was before last week, but that's to be expected. I worked on getting materials ready for my graduate review, including an article I just found out got accepted for publication in a sociology journal. Didn't do much on the dissertation, so I need to kick that back up into high gear tomorrow afternoon.

Still getting back in the swing of things, but getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment