Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Three - Go West!

We drove eight hours yesterday from Birmingham to Shreveport and made it into a Super 8 motel at about 1:30 this morning. Lots of good conversation and laughs to be had, and I think the trip is off to a good start.

This will be short because we are pressed for time.

Yesterday I spend $26.50 at a gas station to go ahead and fill up my car since gas should be more expensive when I get back. Also spent $12.50 on a bottle of whiskey from the abc for Vegas. Not really planning on drinking very much, but it'll end up being cheaper to have a drink at the hotel to cap off the evening than to go out for one.

I read a theory book for at least thirty minutes yesterday in the car, and the day before I did some summarizing and reviewing of game theory articles for my dissertation.

This morning I finally returned to running, and did a solid two miles in just under twenty minutes. FYI, it's really flat and bland near the Super 8 in Shreveport.

We're about to head out so I'll cut this short. Thanks for tagging along!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing and courageous! Glad you are having a fun trip!
    Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete